Jubilee Bible Church Statement of Faith
1. THE BIBLE: We believe that the Bible is God’s word to mankind, that all of its words are verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts, and that it is our supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. THE GODHEAD: We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; that they are equal in every divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence, and redemption (Genesis 1:26; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1-3; 14; Acts 5:3-4).
3. GOD THE FATHER: We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ (John 4:24; 1 Peter 1:16; John 3:16).
4. JESUS CHRIST: We believe that Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man, God’s only begotten Son, that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. We believe in His sinless life, miracles, and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal, visible return to earth (Matthew 1:20-23; John 1:1-4; Hebrews 7:25; Acts 1:9, 11).
5. THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe the Holy Spirit was sent by the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide (John 16:7-11; John 16:13; 1 Corinthians 6:19; John 16:45).
6. MAN: We believe that man was created in the image of God, but through an act of willful disobedience, became a sinner by nature as well as choice, thereby incurring God’s just condemnation. We believe that those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior from those sins, are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become the children of God (John 1:12-13; 3:3-5; James 1:18; I Peter 1:23).
7. SALVATION: We believe that salvation is by God’s grace alone, and not our good works, as a result of faith in the sinless life and death on the cross of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3:21-22; Titus 3:5).
8. THE CHURCH: We believe that the true Church is universal, spiritual body of all believers from every tribe, tongue and race of people, and is indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and divinely empowered to fulfill its Great Commission on earth. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church. (Ephesians 1:22, 23: 5:25-27; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; 2 Corinthians 11:2)
9. ORDINANCES: We believe that our Lord Jesus instituted two ordinances for the Church, baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe that baptism is by immersion, thus serving not only as a public declaration of our faith in Christ, but a symbol of Christ’s (and by picture, our own death and resurrection to a new life. We believe that the Lord’s Supper commemorates our Savior’s death, and is open to all self-examined believers in Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19-20; Romans 6:1-4; 1 Corinthians 11:17-32)
10. OF THINGS TO COME: We believe in the personal, visible and imminent return of Christ to receive His bride, the Church, and to establish His righteous thousand-year reign on earth. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessings of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost (Revelation 19:11-20-20:15; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).